[Scribus] 0.8??

Linus Gasser ineiti
Thu Oct 9 08:45:45 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 21:27, Steve Herrick wrote:
> OK, I'm looking in /usr/local/bin. The only things there are
> freeetype-config and knx-hdinstall.
>
> The compile seemed to go fine (I did it again to be sure, and it looked
> fine then, too). Now I'm really stumped.

# sudo apt-get remove scribus
this might help (I suppose you're running a knoppix-install). The 0.8 version
is there from the debian-archive. Obviously it is loaded before your new
scribus. Short explanation (OT, sorry):
when you try to start a command, the bash searches in PATH for the command.
You can see the path by typing
# echo $PATH
The bash does this sequentially and stops on the first occurence. You can see
which program it starts by typing
# which scribus
this should be the 0.8 version (if you didn't apt-get remove... yet). After
the apt-get remove, there should be another scribus given by this command.
Hopefully the 1.1.1 version. Tell us if it helped.

Greets

ineiti

--
Linus Gasser