[Scribus] Wrong Letters Appear - Mandrake 9.1 Font Import

tech at atlantictechsolutions.com tech
Wed Oct 8 05:18:35 CEST 2003

At 07 Oct 2003 10:29:29 -0500 , Joe Baker <joebaker at dcresearch.com> wrote:

>The wrong characters display...
>I type an A and get a period.
>I type the leter P and get an = sign.
>I type a small p and get ] (left bracket).
>
>I'm trying to work with ITC Edwardian Script font.
>
>Many other fonts seem to work just fine.
>
>Just downloaded Scribus 1.1.1 and compiled it.
>
>I am trying to create a brochure for a customer
>who provided the font ITC Edwardian Script.
>I've done the layout work in Open Office, but I
>like the ability to specify CMYK colors in
>Scribus.
>
>>From the Mandrake Control Pannel, I used the
>font importer to bring ITC Edwardian Script
>into the available fonts on my system.
>Open Office is able to use
>this font with almost no problems....
>Open office has trouble with displaying the
>quote characters.
>
>Hey, this Scribus is a _GREAT_ project!

Thanks,

ITC Edwardian Script has caused me problems with Pagemaker and PS3 postscript in particular.  I think this comes from (I dare say it..) MS Publisher.

It would drop charachters when printing from Pagemaker 6.5 to a level 3 PS printer. Print it to a PS2 printer - no problems. This was on professional DTP kit, so hardware/configs were not an issue.

That said, I was able to locate this font and install into .fonts and Scribus instantly recognized it and all the glyphs seem to display properly in the Insert Special Palette.

RH 9 with Qt 3.1.2 and KDE 3.1.3

I then, exported a PDF with and with out subsetting the font. Perfect and the display on screen was perfect as well. Perhaps, you could have received a mildly corrupted font..

This was with the latest code, but I doubt the changes would have affected this display issue.

Regards,
Peter