[Scribus] Shelley fonts

bart at solozone.com bart
Tue Oct 7 21:45:04 CEST 2003

Ok! Shelley using 1.1.1 does work with my new fonts set in
home/bart/fonts.atm/
along with many old Adobe Font Manager fonts.
The ttf are a problem: I get "Segmentation fault". I try
to put them in
~/ttf/
or even write them manually into
~/.scribus/scribusfont.rc

Actually I have two boxes one at home and one where I am
now writing. The compile on my fast Asus P800C-E 3.0 GHz
is SIX minutes; at home using a P-III 600 MHz it is THIRTY
or so minutes!

The point is my Shelley family was recalcitrant to the
last until 1.1.0: so SOMETHING changed in the code base to
get it working at the last minute where previously it was
a placeholder although it did print hard copy.

I will return to my home box tonight (where I have a Win
Modem) which does not communicate! I may use only post
script fonts and so avoid duplicate names.

P.S. Have you thought of annexing the hobbes.nmsu.edu
fonts to your program (if licences permit?)?
Bart Alberti
bart at solozone.com