[Scribus] ghostscript crash

Yann CANTIN yann.cantin
Mon Oct 6 20:33:44 CEST 2003

Salut

Le lun 06/10/2003 ? 01:49, Peter Linnell a ?crit :
> So what would I do:
>
> 1. See if the updated package fixes the gs crashes.
nope

> 2. Test install the latest ESP ghostscript from here:
>  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=18073

> The problem with Scribus is generates the kind of high level PS3, which only
> the latest GS 8.x is able to support. There are still bugs listed in bugs.ghostscript.com
> which are related.
>
> As alternative, export PDF and print from Acro reader via kprinter. I have found this
> the best workaround.
Yes, but previewing use gs output, no ?

> On my wish list is to get a working rpm build of GS 8.11 which will replace the 7.0x
> versions without breaking everything else.
I'm downloading a src.rpm of the 8.11, 10Mb at 56k, ouch ;)
I will try it with my mdk9.1 station, and then on a 9.0.
I'll be back :)

PS : latest 1.1.1 tarball fix the redrawing forever bug, but the
ghostscript issue still remain, at least in preview window.

Thanks.
--
A++
Yann CANTIN