[Scribus] Static linked version

Patrick magicpage91
Mon Oct 6 20:09:45 CEST 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:05:59 +0100
Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone do me a favour and compile Scribus *statically* against Qt
> 3.2.1, upload and let me know where it is. If it can be wrapped in an
> rpm it would be even better!
>
> I'm planning on giving out a number of CDs at the Linux Expo next week
> and would like to include a statically linked version on there.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
------------------------

Paul,

I have the SuSE Scribus rpm built with a .src.rpm as well.  I just need
to know where to upload it too.  Please take a look at it to see if it
would be suitable to include on your CD.

Also, SuSE users on this list, I would like to have you test the rpm I
have built for Scribus 1.1.2cvs.  It works fine on my SuSE 8.2 system,
but I would appreciate others giving it a go and let me know if there
are any problems you experience.  The install is setup according to
SuSE's procedures, but it follows the LSB and any LSB compliant
Linux should be able to use this rpm.  It installs into the
/usr/bin & /usr/lib directories.  Don't worry, it won't kill your whole
system.  :o)

I followed the SuSE spec file in their src.rpm, only making small
changes where necessary to make the build work.  Paul, I am assuming you
would also like the src.rpm to either include or to inspect?

The main rpm is only about 2mb, so for most, it is possible to email the
file to you, but if Paul, Peter & Franz will allow, they could post it
on their site for easier downloads.  This rpm only includes the main
program, no documentation or plugin info.

Regards,
Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---