[Scribus] Static linked version

Patrick magicpage91
Sun Oct 5 22:05:52 CEST 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:05:59 +0100
Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone do me a favour and compile Scribus *statically* against Qt
> 3.2.1, upload and let me know where it is. If it can be wrapped in an
> rpm it would be even better!
>
> I'm planning on giving out a number of CDs at the Linux Expo next week
> and would like to include a statically linked version on there.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
*****************

Paul,
I am going to try to put together a SuSE approved rpm soon to pass along
to you.  It should also be suitable for any other LSB compliant rpm
based distro.

I doubt I will attempt a statically built rpm though, sorry.  The rpm
would be quite big and I really don't think it's a good idea either, as
it could overwrite other libs and such, quite possibly making a mess out
of one's installed system.  With my newbie knowledge of building a rpm
right now, maybe even worse!  ;o)

I'll be in touch soon.

Patrick

--