[Scribus] Re: Color issues in 1.1.0

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Oct 5 19:00:08 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 01:07, francis tohill wrote:
> This can sometimes occur if the placed image is RGB, the PDF will produce a
> very washed out result when it converts to CMYK.
> I've had this problem happen even with quark.  If that's not the problem I
> don't know what's happening there.

<snip>

This is also true. And the key word here is *sometimes*. Why some and
not others.  The color shifts will be most pronounced in colors in RGB
which are not easily reproduced in CMYK - deep blues, saturated greens.
When Scribus performs the conversion it rightly does some GCR
adjustments.

I do recommend updating to lcms 1.11, as it has additional abilities
with black point adjustments, which Scribus will recognize and use.

Regards,
Peter