[Scribus] seg fault with templates

Martin Costabel costabel
Thu Nov 27 22:51:37 CET 2003

bulk at katskave.com wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> I just upgraded to Scribus 1.1.2 using fink and I discovered that I
> cannot edit the template in this file.  It was acting funny before - the
> text wrapped around the "bullets" in the template, but not in the page
> that the template was applied to or in pdf output.  Now when I select
> any item on that template, scribus crashes with a "bus error".

I get a slightly different crash log, but it crashes for me, too,
whenever I try to edit a *new* template (the "Normal" template seems to
work).

Unfortunately, scribus-1.1.2 is not very usable on Mac OSX right now,
apart from these crashes:

- Many fonts show up in the menus, but don't have any glyphs. Several
people have observed this, but I don't know of any clear pattern. It is
not even completely deterministic. I don't know how to debug this.

- The color endian problem for the screen display is not completely
solved: Text characters still have an outer contour in the wrong color.
Here is a picture that shows this phenomenon
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/costabel/YellowText.gif
The print preview is OK.

The older version 1.0.1 works fine.

--