[Scribus] gzputs undeclared

Jeremy C. Reed reed
Thu Nov 27 08:51:13 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Wolfgang Pagel wrote:

> trying to build Scribus from cvs I get an error missing gzputs.
> What is missing on my System (Debian Sarge/Sid with qt3)?

> svgexplugin.cpp:95: error: `gzputs' undeclared (first use this function)
> svgexplugin.cpp:95: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>     for each function it appears in.)
> make[4]: *** [svgexplugin.lo] Fehler 1

I had the same error yesterday on one of my systems. gzputs() is defined
with recent zlib.h as included with recent zlib libraries. See
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/ for details.

(My problem was caused by an XFree86 build from source that build using
"HasZlib" and installed over my good zlib.h with an out-dated version.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/