[Scribus] sodipodi jpg--> svg, pdf fonts download

Josep Febrer jfebrer
Sun Nov 16 12:44:59 CET 2003

A Diumenge 16 Novembre 2003 12:03, Sebastian R?der va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> today, two questions questions come up during my work on the school
> magazin. 1. Where can I download some nice fonts (for free), which do a
> good job in pdf-files, too? (Sorry, I didn`t found the according treat in
> the list anymore.)

You can use Bitstream Vera fonts, you can get it from:

http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

> 2. Is there a simple way to convert jpg --> svg in sodipodi (suse 9.0). I
> managed to import them, (creating a new SVG document and then using the
> import function) but I don`t know how to crop the size of the SVG document
> to the size if the imported picture, so that there are some ugly white
> "borders" from the background.

Not sure what you want to do, but probably what you want is to convert a
bitmap image (jpg) to vectors (svg).
To do that you probably need AutoTrace:

http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

Josep
--
Aqu? montas un circo y te crecen los enanos, macho...
                               .: Bulmailing :.