OT: syncronize several Installations in a network was: [Scribus] Scribus 1.1.2 on Debian woody.

Gerhard Gaussling ggnewsletter
Fri Nov 14 00:08:18 CET 2003

Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 21:21 schrieb Johannes Wilm:

> > > uh, ok. All of Holmlia Skole running scribus? Not bad...

Really something that makes it important to find a solution to be able
to run the future releases of scribus in that school.

> > What do you think about using apt-proxy and similar techniques
> > (unfortunately I'm not very familiar to those projects) to
> > synchronize your upgrades to testing?

<off-topic>
Here is mabe an interesting link:http://lists.debian.org/
debian-user-german/2002/debian-user-german-200210/msg01028.html
apt-cache show unison
apt-cache show rsync
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2000/debian-user-200011/
msg03265.html
</off-topic>

[...]
> > On the other hand: Is this a case to stick on the branch that
> > compiles with gcc 2.95?
>
> Huh? I don't really think the pre-1.1.2-versions are usable for much
> of anything other than making one-page docs as it will just go down
> speed-wise to the point of being unusable in no time whatsoever. :-)

ok, agreed, but what about Handhelds ;-)?

Kind regards

Gerhard