[Scribus] Scribus 1.1.2 seg fault on page insert - FIXED

Mark Holbrook spamtrap
Wed Nov 12 21:19:09 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 13:07, Peter Linnell wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:38, Mark Holbrook wrote:
> > I am brand new to Scribus.  I am running Gentoo Linux with Scribus 1.1.2
> > under KDE 3.1.4.
> >
> > I am generating an editable PDF for a medical office.  I am trying to
> > insert a second page and no matter how I've tried it, Scribus seg
> > faults.
>
> > To help debug this I have put the .sla file out where interested parties
> > can look at it.  If I am doing something stupid, please let me know.   I
> > would appreciate any feedback on how I approached the layout of this
> > form.  I am trying to match a paper document, but I've only used word
> > processors before.
> >
> > You can download the .sla from:
> >
> > http://desertharmony.com/scribus/page_seg_fault.sla
> >
> > Thanks very much to the Scribus development team.  You guys rock.
>
> Fixed. I'll send it separately as a gz. file.
>
> Here is what I found:
>
> Is there a LANG variable in your bash profile?
>
> $ env >  grep | LANG
>
> There was no language setting in your doc. That in of itself was not the
> issue, but Franz has noted Qt is very picky about LANG settings.
>
> I fixed it by adding the language in the doc with a text editor. Save as
> under new file name.
>
> Then created new doc and imported the page into another new doc.
>
> I've already added page two for you in the doc. Nice looking form. When
> you get it done, could we have a copy to add to the gallery page which
> is in the works ?
>

> Franz, Paul and Craig rock. I  just roll...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Thank you so much.  I do not (but will) have a LANG set.  I would be
happy to send you a copy when I am done with this form.  Do I just email
to you?  Thanks again for the amazing fast response.

mark