[Scribus] text to path

Gerhard Gaussling ggnewsletter
Sun Nov 9 12:38:37 CET 2003

Hello Johannes,

Am Samstag, 8. November 2003 23:30 schrieb Gerhard Gaussling:
> from text to path.

I didn't noticed, that you are talking about text on a path. So I know
lots of applicatuion that can edit this kind of text.

When I group a Bezier curve with a Textbox the text doesn't appear on
the path automatically like described here :
http://home.comcast.net/~scribusdocs/menuitem.html.
When I then select the menu item 'text on a path' the group disappears.

Ok, I think the tutorial is alittle bit outdated. If I don't group the
text and the curve and only select it, the menu item 'text on a path'
works.

How can I control where on the curve the text appears. Is it in any kind
editable? e. g. can I drag the text along the curve?

As a feature request I find it very useful if we can edit the text along
the path in his direction, position and text attributes.

Gerhard