[Scribus] diagonal background problem

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Nov 9 02:03:28 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 16:39, Johannes Wilm wrote:
> when I use two different colors for the background of a text-box in the
> diagonal way, I weird extra background box is painted.
> See attachment.
>
> --
> Johannes Wilm

Johannes,

I opened up the file and it does display incorrectly. However, I suspect
a mildly corrupted file. I would create a new file, copy the objects to
the scrapbook and then copy the objects to the new file. Then it
displays properly.

Moreover, looking at the file in a text editor, there is no language set
in the file. Qt, is *very* picky about correct LANG setting in your
environment. I tested it, by setting export LANG="no_UTF-8", this
removed some incorrectly displayed characters in the text file.

The gradient background, once copied to the scrapbook, does display
according the color settings in the file.

Hope that helps,
Peter