[Scribus] Windows version

Paul paul
Wed Nov 5 00:34:18 CET 2003

Hi,

> I hope you are planning on putting it on the anoncvs-server som day instead of
> keeping it for yourself in order to have a way of counteracting any licensing
> change Franz might want to do. ;-)

As if I'd do that...

> No really, I can't wait to see it.

It's been quite useful as one of the crashes found a problem in the
2.6.0-test9-bk5 kernel (it would cause a kernel hang!). This has been
replicated and sent to the kernel bods.

The rest of the code is settling down now and only randomly explodes.

Really, the new code is very experimental, unstable and unfriendly. It
will also annoy the hell out of Debian users who insist on using gcc
2.95 as it will definately not compile on 2.95. Mwuhahahahaha

> > Nope, business. They have to protect their investment and can't have
> > some linux hackers reverse engineering something which must have taken
> > weeks to truely cack up ;-p
>
> I'll only say it this one time: the capitalist mode of production stinks!
> (that was it, I'll never go into it again on this strictly technical list)

Not really. If I employed 80 odd engineers to create software which I
then flog at some vastly inflated price and a tall German and less tall
Scouser comes along and in their spare time create something which wipes
the floor with the commercial package, I would defend my IP to my last
euro. It doesn't matter if it stinks, that's the way it works.

TTFN

Paul

--
One OS to fool them all