[Scribus] 3 column story

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Nov 4 05:25:22 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 23:07, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> Hi gang,
> I'm running 1.1.2 and I'm wondering how to link 3 text-boxes together for a 3
> column story.  Column 1 to Column 2 is no problem; but if I click on the
> second column ---> link --> column 3 the text doesn't flow over.  Any ideas
> what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing! Even if your wife says so <g>..

This should work, if you have enough text to flow into the third box.
Sometimes, not always, you need to do something to force a refresh of
the screen, by scrolling etc. Franz has made quite a few improvements to
the text boxes and improved the auto-flow of text frames. Note: This is
one of the most complex parts of the code in Scribus, so it is easy to
break if not coded carefully.

Feel free to send sample files.

Peter