[Scribus] scribus is fine

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Nov 2 19:19:00 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 12:59, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> To those who think scribus' menus are cluttered, I say for
> one who had been used to Quark it is just what D T P people
> expect to get control of their output. It is NOT a word
> processor. Peter is right!

Thanks, but not about everything ;) Ask my wife..

> Now that python is included I need python-devel for my home
> compile. Can't python be a option? Not everybody will use
> script potential.

I think what Franz and Paul have in mind is to use the scripter to
extend some functionality which will be useful for every user in the
future.  Then I could be wrong about that.

>  i await SuSE 9 with tredipdation. Will scribus take its
> python. version is ...?

2.3 and Paul and Franz have already added some fixes to work with 2.3
and more I am sure will come soon.

Cheers,
Peter