[Scribus]

Andrew showork
Fri May 23 23:00:33 CEST 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 09:43:02 +0200
Petr Van?k <petr.vanek at ika.cz> wrote:

> Dne p? 23. kv?tna 2003 00:17 Larry Rogier napsal(a):
> > I am trying install Scribus 0.9.9 on Mandrake 9.0. I am new to this and
> > I must admit this program is the main reason I am interested in Linux at
> > this point. After running ./configure, there are quite a few "no"s in
> > the list that scrolls by. I am not sure how many of those are supposed
> > to be there. However, the configure quits when it gets to the line
> > "checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your
> > installation and look into config.log"
>
> it's common behaviour when you *do not* have devel packages
> related to the requested libraries. use installation utility (i don't
> know the mdk) to get them.
> e.g.:
> Qt3-3.1-177.mdk.rpm to run apps
> Qt3-devel-3.1-66.mdk.rpm to compile
>
> --
> Petr Vanek --------------
> petr.vanek [at] ika [dot] cz
> www.yarpen.cz ----------------
> Kuolema Kaikille (Paitsi Meille)
>
> Today is good day to end it all

Hello

	Mandrake 9.1 is a much better Package than 9.0. If you do move up to 9.1 Save your '/home' directory and clean out the rest, 9.0 to 9.1 upgrading can cause problems(Do a clean *install* of 9.1). If you choose to stick with 9.0 choose *upgrade* to add your development lib's.  In ether instance the development library's install from the 1st CD install. Look in the choices on the left side of the GUI installer screen, select Development*.
	The printing in Mandrake is hard to beat, so i think you have the correct distro.

Andrew