[Scribus]

Larry Rogier lrogier
Fri May 23 00:17:31 CEST 2003

I am trying install Scribus 0.9.9 on Mandrake 9.0. I am new to this and
I must admit this program is the main reason I am interested in Linux at
this point. After running ./configure, there are quite a few "no"s in
the list that scrolls by. I am not sure how many of those are supposed
to be there. However, the configure quits when it gets to the line
"checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your
installation and look into config.log"

I am not sure where to go from here. I can't find any info about it
online though perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

My ultimate goal is to get this running with TrueType fonts (another
issue I am not sure how to get set up).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry