[Scribus] Non latin1 fonts in PDF form fields

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu May 22 21:40:28 CEST 2003

ma han wrote:
> This is a little off topic (not a scribus issue), but
> I've been playing around with PDF forms and Acrobat
> Reader for some time and haven't found a solution, how
> to enter non latin1 characters (Polish, in particular)
> into a PDF form text field.
>
> Scribus generated PDF's are pretty cool, "normal"
> Polish texts are displayed correctly in acroread, but
> as soon as I try to enter into a text field  any non
> latin2 character, nothing happens.
>
> I use Acrobat Reader 5.06 for Linux and Acrobat Reader
> 5.05 CE PL for WINE :)
That's a big Problem of Acrobat Reader 5.0x, to make things
a little better do a "export LANG=en_EN" before starting it
at the Konsole. This assures that Number Formatting works
as expected. But it doesn't cure the problem with the latin2
characters.

BTW It's also impossible to use German Umlauts and to use
the numeric Keypad to enter Numbers.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid