[Scribus] making fonts available to scribus..

Florian Feigenbutz florian.f
Sat May 10 17:41:42 CEST 2003

Hi guys,
sorry for this bad newbie question but I'm now trying to master this
problem for some weeks.. just don't get it.
I'm using Debian unstable and use lots of Truetype fonts. GIMP, X and
OpenOffice do recognize all of them but Scribus won't :(
I entered my font paths into ~/.scribus/scribusfont.rc. Starting Scribus
from console gives the following output:

> $ scribus
> xset:  bad font path element (#72), possible causes are:
>     Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
>     Directory missing fonts.dir
>     Incorrect font server address or syntax
> xset:  warning, no entries deleted from font path.

So I checked all font paths but didn't find any of those errors.. even
when I copy one single Truetype font in my home dir and chmod' it to 777
this error message appears..
Can anybody help me?
Greets,
Florian.