[Scribus] It lives!!!!

Steve steve
Sat May 10 02:54:08 CEST 2003

I had this problem too until I ungraded autoconf to version 2.57. Even after
ungrading, "make -f Makefile.dist" still failed with errors like:

scribus/Makefile.am:167: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
scribus/libabout/Makefile.am:15: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
scribus/libprefs/Makefile.am:15: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
scribus/plugins/libchar/Makefile.am:16: invalid unused variable name:
`AM_LDFLAGS'

Fixed by commenting this line:

AM_LDFLAGS =  -s $(LIBFREETYPE_LIBS)

in a whole bunch of Makefile.am's.  After doing this, Scribus compiled fine
and runs great.

Good work, BTW, getting cvs going. It's great fun watching Scribus mature
before my eyes. I wish I was enough of a programer to help.

Regards,

Steve

--

Steve Jacobs