[Scribus] screenshots of scribus 0.9.10 cvs

ephemeron ephemeron
Fri May 9 03:10:49 CEST 2003

On Thu 08 May 2003 11:28:18 +0200,
Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

>  Linus Gasser <ineiti at linusetviviane.ch> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday 08 May 2003 08:56, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I talked this through with Franz in a much older version
> >> already, and it seems this is normal, and not a bug: you
> >> increase the fontsize, but not the linespace size. If I
> >> remember correctly, this is because it was very difficult to
> >> code the dependency between the two. It would be nice to
> >> have something like this (linespace dependent on fontsize)
> >> but in the meantime you can adjust the linespace manually.
> >
> >And if you'd set the linespace not in points but % of the
> >current font-si ze?  Just as an idea...
>
> Probably both, so you can choose (some people want to define
> linespacing in points), but that's up to the designers.  The
> problem is that when you adjust a fontsize, you have to adapt
> the linespacing of the line above as well, but not of the whole
> line, only the lower half.

> The easiest way is to first choose your size and then start
> typing :) I have been told that photoshop has the same issues,
> but I'm not sure that's true ...

I was thinking maybe the linespace should default to the current
fontsize plus a preset interline spacing.  For example when I
resize text from 10 to 24 points the text on succeeding lines
overlaps.  The spacing isn't automatically adjusted to something
like 27 points: font size (24) + interline spacing (3 pts).