[Scribus] another question

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue May 6 20:13:29 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 14:07, Steve Herrick wrote:
>  Does anyone know of a PDF reader for Linux that allows text to be copied out?
> xpdf, gv, and Acrobat Reader don't, at least not the versions I have.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve
Hi Steve,

from $ man xpdf 2.01

 Text selection

       Dragging  the  mouse  with  the left button held down will
highlight an arbitrary rectangle.  Any text inside this rectangle will
be copied  to the X selection buffer.

Acrobat Reader 5.0.6 has a text copy selection tool button like a
capital T. but there is a bug, which does not highlight the text as you
drag over. But it will copy the text to the clipboard.

There is a similar bug, which fouls up bookmark display at times - only
on Linux.

HTH,
Peter

--