[Scribus] PDF question

Patrick magicpage91
Sun May 4 21:52:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, 4 May 2003 20:57:20 +0200
Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems.scribusML at freeler.nl> wrote:

> Just tried 'convert' to convert a pdf into an eps, then imported the
> eps into Scribus.
>
>     convert myfile.pdf myfile.eps
>
> It appears to produce a bitmap, but the resolution can be set, so
> maybe in a number of cases it's usable?
>
> From the manpage:
>
>    -density <width>x<height>
>        vertical and horizontal resolution in pixels of the image.
>
>        This option specifies an image density when decoding a
>        Postscript or Portable Document page.
>
> S.H.

**************************

Ok, this is a nice idea and approach to keeping your coding small, while
using another Linux provided program to do the work.  Why not have a
special menu item to load a PDF where it calls "convert" to change the
file chosen then load the eps file?  Then the user saves again as PDF
and everything flows without the user knowing just what happened.

Wouldn't that be doable, rather than having to build a PDF loader or use
another one, adding to the bulk of your Scribus?  I had forgotten about
the convert program myself, but it does an excellent job as does I
believe pdf2ps?

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---