[Scribus] compile error w/o Qt-thread - exec err Debian Woody

hugo vanwoerkom hugovanwoerkom
Sun May 4 19:05:54 CEST 2003

I wanted to see if scribus could edit a pdf so I
installed the debian woody version (which is 0.6)
and got

fatal parsing error: error while parsing element
in line 1
fatal parsing error: error while parsing prolog
in line 1
Parsing error

Followed by a segfault.

So I downloaded the 0.8 tarball and compiled that
with --disable-mt because I have 3.1.1 installed
(both x11 and embedded) but without thread
support. That fails because in line 86 of
main.cpp there is a call to a.unlock() which
ain't around because there is no thread support...

All of this is moot if scribus is unable to edit
a pdf file, like Adobe can, which I prefer not to
use...
H.

The following signature is automatically
added by the web email service I use,
which is beyond my control: