[Scribus] System size?

Jack A. Krueger jkrueger
Sat May 3 17:15:52 CEST 2003

..., or even less bloat window manager is hacked box, which is Black Box
without the slit and other stuff. I use it on my old laptop and run
everything including Scribus. I do have a problem with SuSE 8 and the gcc
version.  Have not been successful upgrading gcc only. Am about to move to
SuSE 8.1 which seems to have the gcc that will compile the recent versions
of Scribus. I've not been able to get past Scribus ver 9.4 with my
existing gcc ver 2.95.3
Jack
On Sat, 3 May 2003, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:

> Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:45:12 +0200
> From: Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems.scribusML at freeler.nl>
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] System size?
>
> What I'd like to add, is:
> of course, do not run KDE or Gnome while compiling on a P233.
> Even better, do not start X at all.
> Run Scribus in a window manager, I use Blackbox.
> And close other programs, notably Mozilla.
> But most of all, I would not install SuSE 8.1 on a P233, but stick to
> 7.3 at most.
> Under these conditions, the speed should be at an acceptable level.
>
> S.H.

Jack A. Krueger
19 So. 5th Street
Reading, PA  19602
Voice 610-372-4572
jkrueger at sdf.lonestar.org
http://jkrueger.sdf-us.org

First there was Art for Art sake, and out of the world consciousness of
free expression where knowledge was not proprietary came - YES, Open
Software and a NEW age of prosperous freedom. JAK