[Scribus] Command line interface?

Paul L. Tomlinson pault
Thu May 1 22:59:38 CEST 2003

On 5/1/03 2:35 PM, "Paul" <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 21:07, Paul L. Tomlinson wrote:
>> With or without the scripting plug-in, what command line options are
>> available for launching Scribus?  It's easy to specify the document the
>> launch, but I haven't found any documentation which even includes a
>> reference to *that* feature.
>
> scribus --help

Right, I'd tried that but ran into:

scribus: cannot connect to X server

Since I'm working all my X apps remotely I typically have other terminal
sessions under way which aren't a part of the tunneled X session.  This
highlights an issue with scribus attempting to establish itself to the
windowing manager before determining if such action is necessary leading to
my case.

Which has still left the issue of CLI automation unaddressed.  I'm digging
through the python scripting plug-in to see if it offers any solution but so
far it doesn't look like it.

I'd really like to stick with Scribus, but if I can't make use of this
option I'll need to migrate to something else that can handle variable-data
sensitive automation in complex documents.  My choices in that category are
incredibly slim and expensive, dedicated to closed systems and platforms
(unless anyone here knows of an alternative).

Thanks!

Paul