[Scribus] Build Scribus-300403.tar.gz

Patrick magicpage91
Thu May 1 16:32:42 CEST 2003

Hello all,

Ok, guys am using the latest so far without any mishaps.  I did save the
output errors that showed up while compiling this time.  I think they
may be the same thing that Subash found, but again, they don't seem to
inhibit the compile from completing.  Here is the text:

These errors after "make"
------------------------------------
main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
main.cpp:40: error: invalid operands of types `const char[19]' and
`const   char[9]' to binary `operator+'
main.cpp:41: error: conversion from `std::string' to non-scalar type
`QString'   requested
main.cpp:156:15: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/plsmith/Install/scribus-cvs/scribus'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/plsmith/Install/scribus-cvs/scribus'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/plsmith/Install/scribus-cvs'
make: *** [all] Error 2
************************

These errors after "make install"
main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
main.cpp:40: error: invalid operands of types `const char[19]' and
`const   char[9]' to binary `operator+'
main.cpp:41: error: conversion from `std::string' to non-scalar type
`QString'   requested
main.cpp:156:15: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/plsmith/Install/scribus-cvs/scribus'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/plsmith/Install/scribus-cvs/scribus'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
*****************

As you can see, these resemble Subash's pretty closely, except I
continued on with the make install part.

I have only played with the new version 23:35:01 April 30 for a short
time, but all seems to be working well at this point.  No surprises, no
disappointments.  Created text boxes, graphic boxes, printed, printed to
PDF, cut, copied & pasted all seem to work well presently.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206