[Scribus] trouble compiling pluto edition of scribus :)

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Thu May 1 07:02:44 CEST 2003

hi franz, paul:

just downloaded Scribus-300403.tar.gz from paul's site and while it
hasn't yet sent my pc to pluto, i am having trouble compiling it.
"configure" detects all the four libs(FCCT) but make exits with the
following error message:

 main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)': main.cpp:40:
invalid operands of types `const char[19]' and `const char[9]' to binary
`operator+'

main.cpp:41: conversion from `std::string' to non-scalar
type `QString' requested

main.cpp:156:15: warning: extra tokens at end
of #endif directive

make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/subash/Scribus-edge/scribus'
make[2]: ***[all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/subash/Scribus-edge/scribus'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/subash/Scribus-edge'
make: *** [all] Error 2

my system info: mdk 9, gcc 3.2, qt 3.0.5. i did download and compile
paul's first nightly build release with the following id:

Scribus Version 0.9.10
Build-ID: 08:08:18 Apr 28 2003 F-C-C-T

when the scribus-300403 wouldn't compile, i went back to this first
nightly release and compiled it again without any problem after a make
clean. i haven't changed/upgraded old libs or installed any new ones
either. something added in between the first nightly release and the
latest one is breaking the build?

thanks and regards, subash.