[Scribus] Fonts Fonts Fonts...

Mark Muller m.muller
Thu Mar 27 18:02:54 CET 2003

Okay, Thanks for the lcms.h missing file help Phil. Here goes for another
small issue you may or may not be able to help out with.

Working as a professional repro guy I have access to all the Font libraries
from the various different vendors. Under MDK9.1rc2 I have been able to load
up various nice Type1 adobe faces - adobe garamond for example. This font
displays perfectly under OpenOffice 1.0.2 but when running Scribus0.9.8 the
face looks awful - I mean unuseable for any kind of typesetting or page
layout. Come to think of it any of the faces that appear in the list look
bloody awful ;)

Secondly on reopening Scribus the typefaces do not even appear in the font
list ?  Is this normal behavior ??

The system is running Mandrake9.1rc2 soon to be up'd to 9.1final. Using KDE3.1
and QT3(whatever).

Regards,

Mark Muller