[Scribus] Wish List

Sjoerd Hiemstra shiems.scribusML
Tue Mar 25 18:53:38 CET 2003

Oliver Keller wrote:
> Bryan J. Smith schrieb:
> > Quoting ephemeron <ephemeron at uk2.net>:
> >
> >>HTML is probably the most universally acceptable (with the
> >>exception of mailing lists ;-) file format.
> >
> > Er, but HTML on its own is only content, not style.  HTML+CSS is
> > both.
> >
> > A better superset to export would probably be DocBook (XML+XSL).
>
> Or what's about StructuredText(STX)?
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/STX
>
> Hmmm, but maybe this was intended for a slightly different
> application. :)  (allthough even images can be rendered now)

We're moving away from the original point here.
Customers often come with Word documents, sometimes WordPerfect docs.
It would save lots of time and effort if bold/italic, font and font size
(with a possible font substitution first) could be retained while
importing the text in the DTP program.

No problem if those Word/WP documents first have to be converted into
any format they can be converted to.

SH