[Scribus] shortcut keys

Oliver Keller oli
Fri Mar 21 17:00:12 CET 2003

Hi,

i noticed that there is still no complete shortcut keys list
available.(or at least i couldn't find it)

In my opinion this is not completely trivial, because the first two
shortcuts are barely documented - probably because they have no
equal menu entry!

So these are the results of my search for 'CTRL' and 'ALT' in the
sources: (note that these are just the default keys; one can change
these and define a few more within the preferences dialog)

Special characters:
Alt + -(hyphen)	insert a smart hyphen
		hyphen only shows up if needed (very usefull)
ALT + #		insert page number (very nice on template pages!)
		works like CTRL + 3 in xpress

Document handling:
CTRL + N	create new document
CTRL + S	save document
CTRL + W	close document
CTRL + O	open existing document
CTRL + P	open printing dialog
CTRL + I	show document info
CTRL + Q	quit scribus

Edit text and objects:
CTRL + C	copy
CTRL + V	paste
CTRL + X	cut
CTRL + K	delete
CTRL + A	select all
CTRL + Z	undo

Text aligning:
CTRL + L	align left
CTRL + E	align center
CTRL + R	align right

Object handling:
CTRL + M	open modify object dialog
CTRL + D	duplicate object
CTRL + G	group objects
CTRL + U	ungroup objects
CTRL + H	lock/unlock ojects

CTRL + 0(null)	fit in window

Hope this helps at least somebody who's
searching for a page number feature,
oli

p.s. maybe thats something for the docs (-> Peter?)
--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."