[Scribus] Problem with Template Application

P Linnell plinnell
Sat Mar 8 02:50:32 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 16:30, Sandra Schaffert wrote:
> hi Peter,
>
> > It is working as intended. There is a need in some cases to ensure items
> > are not accidently deleted or move when composing documents.
>
> I see, that this is important!
>
> But... In the german tutorial they recommend text frames in the templates
> - to fill with text. But I cannot mark the frames, so I can't insert
> text (in the new page, inserted with the template). I don't want
> modifiable text frames, just be able to insert text...

Please keep in mind that tutorial is from around 0.4.7 or 0.4.8 and
Franz made quite a few enhancements to Templates in v 0.5.6. From the
change log:

18.03.2002 Changed the behavior of Template Pages. They act now as
a background Layer. Objects of Template Pages are no longer
selectable if you are working on normal Pages.

I'll note you can put anything you want when editing templates, but once
you have reverted to editing normal pages, anything in a template is not
editable.

I know some sections of the docs are not clear on some of these
functions, so I have been rewriting older parts of the docs to add more
context and explanations.

Hope that helps,

Peter

--