[Scribus] font issue

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Sun Mar 9 19:26:55 CET 2003

On 09 Mar 2003 12:06:39 -0500
P Linnell <plinnell at attbi.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 18:01, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> > Hi Franz,
> >
> > I seem to have stumbled across a font issue in the latest scribus
> > version:
> >
> > - when selecting text and setting the font as "Arial medium" and the
> > style "italic", scribus seems to generate pdf incompatible with
> > acrobat reader (either 4.0 or 5.0 version). Using "arial medium
> > italic" fixes this. xpdf and ghostscript work just fine all the time,
> > but since my printshop only has windows ...
> >
> > - using the font "Century Schoolbool L Medium Italic" also seems to
> > generate incompatible pdf. This font was used successfully in older
> > versions of scribus.
> >
> > I hope this is enough to work on ...
> >
> > greetz,
> >
> > Franky
>
> I missed this earlier.
>
> Which distro do you have?
>
> You might find some hints in
> http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/redhat80.html
>
> Although, this is mostly about redhat 8.0,  Mandrake 9.x users might
> find this useful - and - if it is or is not - please post to the list.

I work on redhat 8.0, but have been using scribus quite some time for now,
I've found quite some bugs that Franz was very willing to fix each time :)
These are new bugs according to me, I don't have any issue under redhat
itself but acrobat under windows (sorry, I forgot to mention I tested
acrobat reader under windows) is complaining with "missing fonts" in each
of the above mentioned cases. The scribus generated pdf was for pdf
version 5 (not pdf/x-3, since I don't have color management configured
correctly yet ...)