[Scribus] scribus page size error

Patrick magicpage91
Fri Jun 27 02:55:47 CEST 2003

On 26 Jun 2003 00:14:09 -0700
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net> wrote:

> Hi.  I just installed scribus 0.8 using gentoo's
> app-office/scribus-0.8.ebuild.  I test ran it and found the page size
> width for letter & legal to be 9.0 inches.   The normal width in North
> America is 8.5 inches.   Also, selecting custom size, setting to 8.5 x
> 11.0 inches then changing to any other other unit resets the sizes to
> 0.01 units.
>
> Platform: Gentoo Linux, Gnome-2.2.1, QT-3.1.2-r3
> Equipment: Gigabyte GA-7VX MB, XP 2000+, 1.26 gig ram, Asus 9180 magic
> (geoforce mx440 8X), 17in. LCD monitor, 2-WD60 gig HD.
>

> I have not subscribed to the this list.  If required for bug
> submissions, I can.
>
> Thank you,  I look forward to using your application.
>
> --
> Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>
>
> =======================

Brian,
Please update your Scribus to the latest stable release, 0.9.11 I
believe, so that your indicated problems can be fixed.  The 0.8 version
is quite old and out dated, so you will get the benefit of many new
features by updating.  The updated file can be found on the Scribus
site, so yell if you need a url.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---