[Scribus] small 0.9.11.1 problem

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Sat Jun 21 20:08:26 CEST 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:34:21 +0200
Franz Schmid <Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just found a small bug in 0.9.11.1: when I do "show measurements" I
> > get a window without boundings, so I can't move it, resize it, etc ...
> > which is very inconvenient. "show scrapbook" and all other items work
> > just fine though...
> > The weird part is: I have this problem locally on the machine (using
> > gnome as window manager) but not remote (remotely logging in and
> > exporting my display to the remote machine) which runs an older redhat
> > version and windowmaker as window manager.
> > Anybody any idea?
> There must be something badly wrong with you X Installation, because the
> Measurement Palette is a Dialog just as any other Dialog (the Scrapbook
> Window is defined just the same)

Hmmm ... my installation is a default redhat 9 install (one month old)
with the latest updates (no manual compilation) and the extra qt-3.1.2
updated rpm's. Maybe I need to update the accompanying kde rpm's as well,
but since I'm using gnome, that shouldn't matter.
And it only happens to the measurement pallete, all the rest is just fine
I tried looking through the code, but it's waaaaay to complex to find
something in there fast for me :)
I'm now trying the latest cvs, but maybe it's a qt-3.1.2 issue ... but
since I installed qt 3.1.2 before I stumbled on this error, I don't know
this ...

Franky