[Scribus] Off-Topic: A litte competition

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Sat Jun 21 03:50:27 CEST 2003

hi,

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:01:33 +0800
ephemeron <ephemeron at uk2.net> wrote:

> Cheers!
>
> I just saw the following link on Freshmeat:
>
> http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/pptout/
>
> DTP using GTK2, with a BSD-type license.  My only problem is that
> I can't compile it (unlike Scribus ;-).

passepartout is in very early stages of development (three releases so
far, 0.0, 0.1 and now 0.2) but takes a very different approach to dtp.
one enters text in xml format in any text editor and use xsl
transformations. you need to install xslt (if you are running rpm-based
distro then libxslt, libxslt-devel and xslt-proc).

on an mdk 9.1 system, i had to install gtkmm-2.2.3, libsigc++-1.2.3 and
libxml++-0.24 and it compiles fine. you also need to have the latest
gtk2 libraries installed.

regards, subash.