[Scribus] Scribus 1.0 ?

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Sun Jun 15 04:01:11 CEST 2003

hi,

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:39:59 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> At some point can we look for someone (not me!) to write a begiiner's
> tutorial? People come to Scribus from various backgrounds. I come from
> TeX; others may have background in Quark which is more applicable
> experience perhaps than mine.  So a lame-brained cookbook that says
> this is how you create a page, this is how you create columns, this is
> how you place and justify text, this is how you size and place a
> graphic etc. would be most useful, and save a lot of newbie questions
> on this list. --

there is a very basic, but still helpful to newcomers to pagesetting,
hands on howto using scribus here:

http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/docs/index.html

till, peter comes up with an updated tutorial using the latest scribus,
you may find this quite useful to get the basic capabilities of scribus.

regards, subash.