[Scribus] color seperation

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Jun 11 03:13:20 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 06:16, Peter Leinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from time to time I have to make some color flyers for a non-profit
> organisation. In the past I'm using XFig on my linux machine.
>
> Now the printing company requieres color separated Post/Pdf-files.
> Is this possible with the Scribus-printing software?

They should either: accept a print-ready PDF, which has all colors in
CMYK or a postscript file which can be created by File > Print File as
the "printer" selected from the drop down list. Scribus can export
completely conformant PDF/X-3, which they should know about. PDF/X was
basically invented in Germany by the press industry there.

Unless you have proprietary spot colors from say Pantone or Toyo, you
should not need to deal with separations. That is, in this day, the
printer's obligation and in most cases much easier with the newest RIPS
and imagesetters. If not, seek another printer IMO.

Regards,
Peter