Re: [Scribus] None

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Mon Jul 21 23:28:22 CEST 2003

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>-no-gcc++-exceptions
>

> Can I ask everyone who rolls their own Qt not to use the -no-exceptions
> flags? In the 1.1 release, the g++ exceptions will be monitored as part
> of one of my error checking routines. Qt by default uses throw
> exceptions.
I don't think this is a good idea, because every normal Qt installation is
compiled with -no-exceptions. This option is recommended for KDE and therefore
all Qt RPMs are compiled this way. We will run into endless trouble if we
are the only ones using exceptions with Qt.

I know that you think that constructs like QButton* butt = new QButton(this, "test")
are quit suspicious, but I can assure you that there is no trouble with it,
if the new Method fails due to low memory or whatever, Qt simply quits the program.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid