[Scribus] File format

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon Jul 21 04:34:36 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 19:16, Daniel D?az wrote:
> Hello all. I just joined the list.
>
> A friend of mine made an article for a magazine with Scribus 0.9.7
> (Mandrake's, I think), which is here:
> http://www.geocities.com/girecito/Educacion-tc.txt
> (Must be renamed properly.) (It's in spanish, and it's interesting;
> read it if you can.)
>
> The thing is that it doesn't seem to work with version 1.0rc1 or with
> plain 1.0. We already checked the changelogs, checked the website, but
> still found nothing related to it.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information!
>
> Daniel D?az
> yosoy at danieldiaz.org

Open your file in a text editor and remove the blank lines and spaces
after:

</DOCUMENT>
</SCRIBUS>

at the very end of the file. Then it opens perfectly on 1.0.

This was a very mild bit of corruption in the file.

One more argument for XML which is documented. With other apps, adios
file.

Regards,
Peter