[Scribus] Compile error under SuSE 8.2

Patrick magicpage91
Sat Jul 19 02:48:45 CEST 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:32:16 -0500
Vincent Colombo <vcolombo at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> Oops, guess I'm dumb. I missed the end of the last sentence
> apparently.
>
> When you installed cups-devel how long did you wait until running
> configure again? I've had problems with running configure before the
> system was fully updated and it errors out. I'd try it again and, if
> it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what's up. When you run configure
> are you specifying a prefix? Should be ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
>
> Vince
====================

Vince,
Should be no need to specify a prefix for Scribus.  SuSE normally
installs this program in /usr, rather than kde3.  He is missing some
files, I am almost sure and should go to YaST2 and do a search for all
-devel files to install.  Normal compile places Scribus in /usr/local,
as it should, so as not to conflict with any other installs you might
have that are working.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---