[Scribus] Scribus 1.0 does not start: libqt-mt.so.3 not found

Patrick magicpage91
Sat Jul 19 02:36:45 CEST 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:59:27 +0200
Stephan Johach <hunsum at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After compiling scribus 1.0 on my LFS without any problems I got an
> error when trying to start scribus.
[..]
> QT is installed and KDE running ...
>
> hunsum at kemet /opt/kde-3.1/bin > locate libqt-mt
> locate: warning: database `/var/lib/misc/locatedb' is more than 8 days
> old/usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.prl
> /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so
> /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1
> /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1.1
> /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1.2
> hunsum at kemet /opt/kde-3.1/bin >
>
> I'm not sure what's going wrong here. Obviously a linker problem?
>
> Any hints?
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
==============================

Stephan,
It seems that some of the files are missing from what I can tell from
your list above.  You should have all the qt3 devel files installed for
things to work.  The above files seem to come from the qt3-non-mt rpm
and the included files there are:

/usr/lib/libqt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.prl
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.so
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.so.3.1
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.so.3.1.2
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.non-mt.so
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.non-mt.so

You might check your distributions files for all the devel files and
reinstall what you need or might be missing.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206