[Scribus] Scribus on PPC problems

rreggi1 rreggi1
Fri Jul 18 20:54:53 CEST 2003

Hi I compiled Scribus on yellowdoglinux 3.0 and it worked, except text does
not display correctly in the main layout window. When set to fit to page the
text shows up as barely visible lines and zoomed the text appears to have all
the letters piled one top of another. In print preview the text looks fine. It
is difficult to impossible to input text because of this. By importing text
from kwrite I was able to work around this somewhat, but it is time consuming.
The other problem I encountered  was displaying graphics. Scribus would not
display  gimp files (.xcf), tiff files,  or eps files. PNG files display fine
but for print work this is not my favorite format. Let me know if someone has
had better luck on Scribus on PPC. Thanks,

Raphe

G4 450 mhz
512 mb ram
ATI Radeon card (32 mb)