[Scribus] OT: CMYK plugin for The GIMP

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Fri Jul 18 02:03:57 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:49, Alastair Robinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the off-topic message, but this may well be of interest to many
> Scribus users and developers:
>
> I have spent some time in recent months developing a plugin that provides
> rudimentary CMYK support for The GIMP.
>
> LittleCMS is used to perform translation from RGB to CMYK.  (The CMYK data is
> held in individual greyscale layers)
>
> The result can be saved as a CMYK tiff.
>
> The plugin is unfinished, but I've been using it successfully at work for some
> months in its current state, and since I'm unlikely to have time to develop
> it further in the near future, I'm releasing it as is...
>
> If you're interested, have a look at:
> http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/projects/separate-0.1.tar.gz
>
> All the best,

Great idea. It works as advertised. I compiles cleanly. I just tested it
with the littlecms beta 1.11 and it is very cool to be able to work with
the GIMP and then have a usable CMYK file.

I'll note, you can then use the littlecms utility tifficc to embed the
icc profile in the TIFF. This is one area I will be adding to the docs
in the future.

Cheers,
Peter