[Scribus] Alternate Linux for Scribus, was: Attn : Mandrake 9.1 and Slackware 9 users

John Culleton john
Fri Jul 11 14:03:14 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 05:36 pm, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted a message to the Qt mailing list over the problems
> some folks have encountered when using Scribus.
>
> A completely unofficial email came back with the following (summary)
>
> The versions shipped with Mdk9.1 and Slackware9 are broken. Ditch them
> and compile from source. If you don't wish to compile them yourself, go
> to http://www.rpmfind.net and put in Qt and Qt-devel into the search and
> download from there.
>
> Apparently, the version shipped with Mdk9.1 and Slack9 are the same;
> this explains why it is the same problem experienced with these two
> distros and nowhere else.

Unfrotunately when I compiled the latest free Qt for my Slack 9 system other
parts of Slackware stopped working. So I have another plan. What readily
available distros and releases of Linux work well with Scribus?

I have an extra partition that I can set up as my Scribus partition until the
dust settles on Qt & Linux. It means rebooting when I want to play with
Scribus but I can live with that over the short term.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters & Indexers