[Scribus] Things about last CVS

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Jul 10 22:19:00 CEST 2003

Yves Ceccone wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Some little things about last CVS :
 >
 > Scribus 1.0
 > Build ID: 8 July 2003 F-C-C-T
 > Mandrake 9.1
 > QT 3.1.1
 > Little cms 1.10
 >
 > Bugs ? :
 >
 > - Item -> Multiple Duplicate don't work
Confirmed, the Items is duplicated the exact times, but the displacement
doesn't work. Will fix this.

 > - In the measurement -> Shape windows,
 > the third little black and red icon don't
 > seemed to have any effect on items ?
It's intended for converting a Rectangle or Circle into a Polygon, but
in the newest Versions Rectangles or Circles are also Polygons it's some-
how no longer needed. In the 1.1 Development Branch the Icons will be re-
placed by a menue containing more predefined Forms.

 > Questions :
 >
 > - What is the usage of "Use Bounding Box" in Right-Clic on an item ?
That's intended for use with Polygons over Textboxes to keep Text out
some parts of the polygon. I use it for creating DropCaps Letters.

 > - What is the usage of the alt # shortcut for pagination ?
This is a special char which is replaced by the current page number.
To get 2 Digit Pagenumber you must place ALT+# 2 times.

 > - Is there a shortcut for "Get text"  or "Get picture" ?
Currently not, because Qt doesn't support shortcuts for Submenues,
at least I haven't figured it out how it works.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid