[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Paul paulf.johnson
Wed Jul 9 23:45:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > You'll be happy to know that I managed to get a working version of
> > Scribus running under OSX tonight. If folks want detailed instructions
> > and don't mind a lot of leg work, please let me know.
>
> Yes, of course!

I compiled from source gcc 3.3 (the version shipped with OSX is 3.1 -
this is incorrect, it is actually 3.1pre which had a fair few issues [it
was broken!]) followed by Qt. Doesn't sound like much, but when you're
not used to a Mac, it is!

I ran make -f Makefile.dist, followed by ./configure. I needed to tell
the configure script where I had placed Qt's bits and pieces then made
the project. I did not do a make install as it was not my machine.

In total on a G4, it took a shade over 6 hours to get it up and running.

When running, Scribus behaved well. Unfortunately, there must have been
something different about X11 under MacOSX, but it looked awful (chunky
graphics etc). However, it *did* work.

That's another platform it has been compiled up onto :-) Next up, the
ZX-Spectrum port ;-p [1]

TTFN

Paul

[1] For non-UK people on here, the ZX-Spectrum was a home micro which
was made between 1982 and 1986 by Sinclair Products before Amstrad took
it over. The final run was in 1989. It was a very small machine (48K or
128K models available) running on a Zilog 80A processor. It was called
the Timex 200 in the USA

--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.