[Scribus] Final .pot File for Scribus

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jul 7 15:51:32 CEST 2003

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> Franz Schmid wrote:
>
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> Today I've put a final .pot File for Scribus 1.0 onto my
>> Webpage. It can be found under the Section Development.
>>
>> This means also that a Message Freeze is applied. Now you
>> have at least 2 - 3 Weeks time for your Translations. If
>> this is not enough please contact me.
>

> Franz, you might like to update scribus.pot
>
> There are no strings like:
>
> "Oval"
> "Move one Level up"
> "Move one Level down"
> "Move to Front"
> "Move to Back"
>
> though they all are marked by (tr("")

Hi Alexandere,
there are plenty of them, I delivered my list of the missing messages here:

http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-June/001013.html

There is still another small thing regarding our (which means non-ISO
8859-1) translations which I described 2 weeks ago:

http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-June/001085.html

"-  Menu File -> Export... -> Save Page as SVG... - in the Polish version
of "Save Page as SVG..." a Polish character (egonek) is replaced by
question mark. Which makes me think, Scribus uses in this particular
case not the encoding from scribus.pl_PL.po, but from somewhere else
(see attachement)"

I checked it once again with  today's cvs version (Build ID: 4. Juli
2003, F-C-C-T) and with "--lang ru " and "--lang cs" options at that.
The result is similar to the Polish version (see the attached screen
shots) - our national diacritics are replaced by question marks.

br
Maciej